Install Theme Twenty Eleven
- Appearance > Themes
- Add New
- Search Themes, Twenty Eleven
- Move mouse over twenty eleven theme, click install button
- Wait for installation and then click the Activate link
Customise the Theme
- appearance -> customise
- layout, one colum no sidebar
- Site Identity
- Header Image, select favourite image
- save and publish
Add Some Pages
- Pages > Add new
- Enter a title (About, Contact, Products, Services, etc
- Type some basic info
- Click Publish
- Cick add new for another new page and repeat
Create the Site’s Primary Menu
- Appearance, Menus
- Remove “Home” by clicking on “custom link” and then clicking “remove”
- Slide the pages up and down to put them in the order you would like
- Click “Create Menu”
- Tick “auto add pages” and “theme locations”
- Click “save menu”
- Appearance, customise
- Menu locations
- Primary Menu, “Menu 1”
- click “Save and Publish”
Adjust the Settings
- Settings, reading
- Front page displays, A static page
- Front page, Select your favourite page
- save changes
- settings, discussion
- Other comment settings, Users must be registered and logged in to comment, Tick. This (reduces number of spam comments)
- Email me whenever, Untick both boxes (reduces spam)
- Comment must be manually approved, tick this (reduces spam)
- Save changes
- settings, permalinks
- Post name
- Save changes
You should now have a basic website up and running. Edit your site regularly to keep your customers informed about what you are doing. Use questions and feedback from your customers to determine what you need to add or change on the website.
Other things you might want to do include…
- Create a new custom site image 1000 pixels x 288 pixels and upload it.
- Add more pages and text to your website.
- Add photos of who you are and what you do.
- Open a paypal account which links to your business and your bank account for ecommerce.
- Register your business with social platforms like google, youtube, facebook etc to drive business to your website.