Terms and Conditions
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Keen Computers. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Keen Computers may suspend or terminate your account.
Keen Computers’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for Keen Computers Services is designed to help protect Keen Computers, Keen Computers’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Keen Computers. Keen Computers reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://keen2c.co.uk/terms.
Prohibited Uses of Keen Computers Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Keen Computers’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Keen Computers’s servers, is prohibited. Keen Computers accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Keen Computers customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Keen Computers-hosted domain, or referencing any Keen Computers account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Keen Computers customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Keen Computers network or on another provider’s network.
10. Using Keen Computers’s Services to interfere with the use of the Keen Computers network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each Keen Computers customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Keen Computers, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Keen Computers customer will be forwarded to the Keen Computers customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the Keen Computers Acceptable Use Policy occur, Keen Computers reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Keen Computers’s AUP as Keen Computers deems appropriate, without notice.
When purchasing or renewing a domain name, customers should make themselves aware of the terms for the registry associated with the domain they are purchasing or renewing.
For UK domains see this link Nominet terms and conditions.
If you do not renew your domain name before the expiry date the domain name will be suspended. You then have 30 days to renew your domain name. Keen Computers cannot guarantee the renewal of a domain name after the 30 day grace perioed has expired because after this time your domain name may become available to a third party to auction or to register. Therefore please make sure you contact us in time and have made the necessary payment.
We will not charge you transfer fees for your domain unless we ourselves have been charged. If there is a fee we will let you know. Moving domains to or from our nominet tag does not incur a fee from us but the company you are leaving may charge you. If the total fee for moving uk domains is more than £12 please contact us for advice.
Last Modified: Thursday November 20th 2014 13:36 GMT